CREATE YOUR OWN FINAL STRAW
Do you want to take action and set up a Final Straw in your area? Then look no further, we can help get you set up! We have everything from logo’s for you to adapt, resources and some top tips to get you started.
Some top tips for setting up your own Final Straw:
- Look into setting up as a Community Interest Company (CIC) and appoint a Treasurer
- Set up a bank account, have at least 3 signatories for cheques and better still, online banking
- Decide on a Co-Ordinator and gather a list of key volunteers
- Create your area’s logo
- Create social media pages/accounts for Facebook, Instagram & Twitter
- Link with other Final Straw groups and pages on social and don’t forget to tag them on posts
- If you can get a local company to create a website for you that would be brilliant!
- Canvas some local businesses for support to buy window stickers, printing, flyers, display merchandise for exhibitions etc
- Finally, get businesses to join and give up plastic straws! We have a list of suppliers below and you may source local companies near you that would provide alternative paper straws for those businesses that need to have the option available. You will find the sign up form below but please feel free to amend it accordingly for your local area
- Thank the businesses for their support across your social media platforms!
- Attending events to create awareness is also hugely beneficial